It's that time again! Time to share the work that we, the DIY Creative Team have done since our previous project right here.
If you're new around these parts, welcome! Each month four crazy DIY'ers get together to share a themed project that can be just about anything DIY related.
This month's theme: PUMPKINS
At the end of this post you can see and visit each of the cute pumpkin projects my friends have created. So, let me tell you how I ended up with the big bunch of sweater pumpkins you saw in the above pic. ;)
Well, I got exactly seven pumpkins out of an old, little white sweater I had. Talk about using your resources to the max! Even, little remnant pieces were used as leaves. ;)
The hoodie made the biggest pumpkin, the front and back part made two medium pumpkins and out of the sleeves I got the remaining four.
So, besides the sweater, I also used pumpkin stems that I'd been saving since last year, pieces of wood, rubber bands, Poly-Fil, coiled wire, and a hot glue gun.
They were very easy to create and hey, NO SEWING involved. ;)
For the big pumpkins the Poly-Fil was placed on top of the piece of sweater and then brought into a ball. The top was tied off with a rubber band after inserting the wooden stick/stem.
Cut off all you can of the extra cuff.
Four little pumpkins were done with the sleeves. Turn each piece of sleeve inside out and tie a rubber band on an unfinished end, turn the sleeve right side out and fill it with a big handful of Poly-Fil.
Secure the other end with a little rubber band or piece of string.
Using scissors I trimmed all I could from the extra cuff and then using hot glue, I pushed all that extra thing down.
The final touch was to hot glue three pieces of white jute rope using only a dot of glue on the bottom and top of the pumpkin and pulling a bit the jute to create the creases of the pumpkin.
The easiest set of pumpkins were the ones done with the lower part of the sleeves since they already had a finished edge. After closing the pumpkin with the rubber band, I simple turned the sleeve over and they were done! The little stems were inserted in the little opening.
The stems in the other little pumpkins were hot glued in place.
The last part was to pretty up the big pumpkins with the coiled wire. The curly tendrils are easy to create using a pencil.
I decided to leave the buttons on that one pumpkin, hmm... why not. :)
And added some burlap and sweater leaves to all the big pumpkins.
I was so happy with my stash, I created a little display close to the pumpkin patch. :)
I love their texture and how different they look, even though, they all came from the same little sweater!
If you happen to have an old white sweater this might be a good, easy project for you this Fall. Give it a try!
And please stop by to see the cute and creative pumpkin ideas my friends are also sharing. Click on the links below to take you to each project.