Whooa, I've been working and working and it looks like there is no end! Well, maybe that's how it feels but in reality I've done lots of progress. After finishing the big projects, now I'm tackling all those little details that are so important, so many things and not enough time! Hmmm I'm tired :/ When this bedroom gets done, I'm going to take a little brake, hopefully.
For this bedroom makeover I'm trying to keep costs low, reusing most of the stuff that was already in the room, shopping all around the house for other things I might need, and as a last resort buying things from thrift stores or yard sales.
Since I already had a bed, only the mattress with the box spring, that's what I used, but I wanted to transform them into a daybed, making it the focal point in the room.
From now on it's going to be a guest room with a small office space, instead of an office/guest bedroom how it was before. So, let's see how the daybed came out of those two.
I've never opened a box spring before, this is how it looked when I began taking off the bottom cover.
The first thing I had to do was add legs to it. I went to the big home centers to buy furniture legs but their prices were high, ranging from 4 to 10 per leg! My next stop was the Re-store, they didn't have legs, but they did have lots of furniture. I found this table, I loved its legs, the price was even better, only $6.30!
The table was taken apart and the legs were cut to size. The legs were retrofitted using the same holes they had when they were part of the table. Two holes were drilled (countersunk), on each corner of the box frame, following the position of the holes on the legs. 2-4" bolt screws were fastened on each leg. One more screw was also driven from the top of the box spring, down onto each leg.
One center support leg was also added before covering the outside of the box.
The fabric was the one I used to cover the roman shade in the kitchen during Christmas :) This job went pretty fast using my pneumatic stapler. Oh, the legs were painted.
As soon as I finished recovering the box I brought it up to the bedroom, It didn't look fancy at all :/
Time to shop around the house. --> My son's train table that he hasn't used in yeeears, and a crib that I bought two years ago when a baby visitor came, were the prime material I grabbed from the basement.
Three parts of the crib were used, the side pieces were cut to size. The three parts were screwed to the studs on the wall.
The drawers from the train table were brought in for under-bed storage, they only needed paint. I love that they roll on wheels
And that's it! Now it's time to make the bed :) You can check the room's full reveal right HERE.
More about this room:
How the room looked before, right HERE.
The direction I want to give this room HERE.
Painted Designs on Floor, right HERE.
Old Lamps revamped
Office chair makeover
Old Window Memo Board
Diy Round Mirror
Tripod Side Table
Black out curtains
Full room reveal
My uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Coastal Charm, A Stroll Thru Life, Savvy Southern Style, Stone Gable, French Country Cottage, Not Just a Housewife, Thrifty Decor Chick , Between Naps on the Porch, Home Stories A to Z, Uncommon, The 36th Avenue, Tatertotandjello, Miss Mustard Seed, Funky Junk Interiors,