THANK YOU so much for all your nice comments on my Red, white and Blue Living room post, you are the best!
This post today is about the pillows in that room, if you happened to noticed them before (the eyes usually go to the window display),
those pillows were crafted from cloth napkins and big body pillows from Target, don't you love their clearance section! Less than three dollars for a set of four napkins or a looong pillow case and the possibilities are endless.
The long body pillow cover was cut to create two smaller covers, one of them using the zipper it came with, the other was given a Velcro closure. I even got remnants ;)
The cloth napkins were turned into envelope pillows this easy way:
1. Two napkins are sewn together on one of their sides, you can use Stitch Witchery if you don't have a sewing machine.
2. Fold it "envelope" style, right sides together and sew both sides.
3. Turn it right side out and go and stitch those flappy sides in place.
I decided to go with buttons to close them up, but I didn't want to deal with button holes on my pretty napkins, ahem pillows ;) So, since I was working on lots of pillows for the guest room and I happened to have some leftovers of this red trim (don't worry is plain strong fabric folded and sewn together), that's what I used.
4. Attach 3" folded pieces of fabric as button closures to the envelope flap (right pic below).
5. Bring the flap over and mark the points where the buttons need to be attached.
6. Adding big buttons in a contrasting color is the final touch.
Four stylish pillow covers for under six dollars, not bad at all ;)
Here, once again adorning my living room, but if your eyes keep going to the window art, that's OK, you can go ahead and check how to do it right HERE.
Remember to visit those clearance aisles, you never know what might come out of those great finds ;)