I've had this deer for almost a year now. I bought it at Z Gallerie for around $15 because it was like this:
For the price I didn't think twice about getting it, besides I already knew how to fix it ;) hmmm,
I didn't know it was going to take forever for me to fix it. I don't know why because it was really easy!
Loctite Epoxy worked really well. Even though this adhesive sets pretty fast, those five minutes holding the antler in place seemed like an eternity! I had to dug it in the middle of the couch so I could have my two hands to take turns holding the antler in place.
While waiting for it to get pretty strong, about one hour, I went about looking for stuff the decorate my bedroom mantel. This gift topper from Target was not used last year. Time to use it :)
Five little fellows are now on a garland adorning the mantel.
Tiny hearts embellishments were tied to their necks.
Felix, that's how I decided to name my newly repaired deer because it sounds to me like -feliz- Spanish for happy. Well, Felix is now happy to be here with his little herd :)
Those are the small Valentine's touches I've added to my bedroom.
Besides Felix, I'm also happy to have installed an electric fireplace in here, so far it has worked like a charm and it has kept the room warm during these coooold days. :)
Linked party at:
My uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Coastal Charm, A Stroll Thru Life, Savvy Southern Style, Stone Gable, French Country Cottage, Common Ground, Thrifty Decor Chick , Between Naps on the Porch, Funky Junk Interiors, DIY Show Off, Home Stories A to Z, Uncommon, Tatertotandjello, My Repurposed Life, Our home away from home, Nancherrow, Dwellings , My love 2 Create,