This time it's my daughter's bedroom the one I'm beginning to update. I already showed you how her room has changed over the years, you can check that post HERE.
Well, today I want to share with you one of the first things I did to her room.
A picture frame headboard.
This headboard was born long time ago when the guest room was mainly used by abuelita. Three simple flutted pieces of molding with rosettes at the corners sourrounding a padded center.
Then, all the "flower flower abuelita power" went away to give way to pink. Same moldings, but a different, more girl friendly fabric.
I liked how the moldings drew the eye almost to the ceiling, giving lots of attention to the bed. That's why I decided to leave them.
The next graphics will show you step by step how the new headboard was created,
after getting rid of the batting and the fabric.
This is what I already had.
Then, a 1x2 division was attached to the wall.
A 1/4" plywood piece was fitted on the top part. I glued it with liquid nails and with small nails wherever I could find studs.
Six picture frames were then attached to the plywood piece.
I bought cheap picture frames at Ikea, painted them the same Behr Swiss Coffee as the rest of the headboard pieces.
Each frame was set with two little hinges, that I first attached to the frames and then to the wall.
I glued a magnet on the top back of the frames and screwed a small piece of metal to the wall. It is very easy for my daughter to change the pictures without worring about the frames falling down.
All the frames on the wall.
Here you can see how the lower row of frames are held by the hinges, while the magnets are holding the top row in place.
The last part was to place a padded board, made with 1/4" plywood, 3" foam, batten, and fabric.
This is how it looked after it was finished.
I like that the frames have a plastic front film instead of glass.
Some pretty prints...
Remember to Pin it!
Check the full room reveal HERE.