Have you had one of those "I should have waited" moments after doing something? This is one of those moments for me!
Let me explain myself! My bedroom was the embarrassing room in the house, its ceiling was the worst part, it had nails popping out all around, tape peeling off, water stains, in general it needed repair, most importantly, a good coat of paint, maybe two! Well, it was done remember? If you haven't seen it click HERE for full details.
Now the ceiling is looking really good, I even went ahead and gave it architectural detail installing ceiling beams.
But after hearing about this wonderful opportunity is when I think I should have waited! I don't have an embarrassing room any more!
Good thing is YOU can enter those water-damaged, splotchy, cracking and aesthetically challenge interior rooms along with a caption explaining why your entry deserves a Paintervention!
CHECK THE DETAILS:
KILZ® launches Paintervention, a contest to rescue homeowners from embarrassing paint jobs.
Where simple paint jobs go wrong, KILZ, a leading producer of primer and paint, steps in with its Paintervention photo contest on Facebook. KILZ is partnering with a top industry contractor and interior designer to help transform contestant painting mishaps into dream rooms.
From February 21 through March 21, fans will submit photos on KILZ's Facebook page of splotchy, cracking and aesthetically-challenged interior rooms along with a caption explaining why their entry deserves aPaintervention. The most deserving entries will be voted on by their peers and then judged by a panel for a chance to win one of 10 prizes:
- Grand Prize: One submission will receive the grand prize, a $1,000 gift card from a major home improvement store and an e-consultation from Paintervention’s partnering experts, interior designer Joni Spear and professional contractor Scott Burt.
- First Runners-Up: Three runners-up will each receive a $100 gift card from a major home improvement store and a gift package of KILZ products worth up to $100.
- Second Runners-Up: Six second runners-up will receive a gift package of KILZ products worth up to$100.
WHO: For more information on this contest or for help with other decorating stories, KILZ andPaintervention’s partners can help. KILZ is pairing up with Scott Burt and Joni Spear to share tips and advice on interior painting projects to all participants. Here’s more on our partners:
· Painting contractor - Scott Burt: Scott is a full-time painting contractor, owner of Topcoat Finishes, Inc., and the editor of Topcoat Review a blog that shares product news and trends in the painting industry. Scott can provide insight on preparing surfaces for painting and evaluating problem areas.
· Interior designer – Joni Spear: Joni, owner of Joni Spear Interior Design, has over 20 years of experience in the interior design field. Joni was named to Houzz.com’s best of 2012 and 2013 for interior design. Joni can provide insight on interior painting design ideas to help refresh a problem space.
WHEN: Contest begins: Thursday, February 21, 2013
Submission deadline: Thursday, March 21, 2013
So go ahead take pictures of that embarrassing room and submit them, you can be a winner!
Disclaimer: I have used Kilz Products before and I liked how they performed. All the opinions expressed in this post are mine, I was not compensated or swayed to write favorable things about these products.